How to make a complaint
You can make a complaint online using the Contact Us form via our website.
We can often resolve concerns within 3 days, so please get in touch.
You will need to advise:
- Your contact details
- Your client’s policy/claim details
- What’s gone wrong
- What you want us to do to put things right
If we are unable to resolve your client’s concerns quickly, we will:
- Acknowledge the complaint promptly
- Assign a dedicated complaint expert who will review the complaint
- Carry out a thorough and impartial investigation
- Keep you updated of the progress, so you can update your client
- Do everything we can to resolve things as quickly as possible
- We will provide a written response within 8 weeks of receiving the complaint, this will inform the client of the results of our investigation or explain why this isn’t possible. For policies underwritten at Lloyd’s your client may refer the matter to the Lloyd’s Complaints Team, if they have not received a full response after 2 weeks, please see details overleaf.
If your client is not happy with our response and feel we’ve not fully considered all the issues or can provide further information, please let us know and we’ll be happy to review.
Your client can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:
Your client may also be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to carry out an independent review of their complaint if they remain unhappy. If this is the case, they also have the right to ask them to review their complaint if we’ve been unable to resolve it within 8 weeks. We will provide full details in our response if this is possible.
The Financial Ombudsman Service exists to help resolve complaints when we have not been able to resolve your client’s complaint to their satisfaction. The service they provide is free and impartial. Whilst we are bound by their decision your client is not, contacting them will not affect your client’s legal rights.
Your client may do so by contacting:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
By phone: 0800 023 4567
Please be aware that the Financial Ombudsman Service will only be able to consider your client’s complaint after we have had the opportunity to consider and resolve it. Your client must approach the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of our final response to their complaint.
Your clients with a policy underwritten at Lloyd’s
(Please refer to your client’s policy wording to see who underwrites their policy)
The above procedure applies however should your client wish to ask Lloyd’s to investigate their complaint they can do so by contacting:
Walter Burke Way
By phone: +44 (0)20 7327 5693
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your client is not happy with the way Lloyds handles their complaint, they may be entitled to refer their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service as described previously above.
All records will be kept for a period of six years.